Do You Suffer From Brain Fog?Aug 08, 2023
I used to suffer from brain fog, and then I ditched the sugar.
Brain fog can be caused by a number of things like stress, eating the wrong foods, such as too many refined carbs, and too much sugar. It can also be caused by a change in our feel good hormones, cortisol, dopamine, and serotonin.
The good news is that you can do something about brain fog.
Here are some ways to get you started on thinking more clearly:
- Increase your protein and healthy fat intake - we need enough protein to get our essential amino acids that only come from protein. We need complete proteins like dairy, wild-caught fish, eggs, and meat. Be sure to choose meat without added hormones. Healthy fats include foods like certain nuts & seeds, coconut & olive oils and avocado.
- Get good sleep - you are better able to manage your emotions, hunger and food cravings when you are well rested.
- Get moderate, regular exercise - regular exercise helps to balance hormones, and helps you get better sleep.
- Consider if you have a hormonal imbalance - hormonal imbalances, such as low thyroid function, adrenal insufficiency, and chronic fatigue syndrome can all increase symptoms of brain fog.
- Address any food allergies or food sensitivities - these foods can affect your gut, which in turn can affect brain function.
As you can see, there are a number of things that you can do to address brain fog and improve mental clarity. Remember to increase your protein and healthy fat intake, get good sleep and moderate, regular exercise daily. Work with your health practitioner to determine if you have any of the above mentioned hormonal imbalances, and address food allergies or food sensitivities that may be keeping you from feeling mentally clear.
As I mentioned earlier, I eliminated my brain fog by ditching the sugar.
Find out if sugar has a hold on you by taking the Sugar Struggle Quiz.
Until next time...Take Care of You!
Do you struggle with consuming too much sugar?
Would you like to end that struggle?
Take the 2-minute Sugar Struggle Quiz to find out if you are addicted to sugar.
Along with your results, I will provide ways that you can end your sugar struggle, as well as 20 of the best sugar-free foods and recipes that I have found that won't have you missing addictive sugar at all.
Click the button below to take the Sugar Struggle Quiz: